Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How I've been spending my time this winter

It took me several months to create this wall hanging, because I kept interrupting myself with other projects. This is called "Chain Gang". I appliqued the little figures, used buttons to spell out "Chain Gang", and the chain is formed by paperclips. I showed it at the guild meeting in March, and they all said it needed to be put in the quilt show in June.

My quilting guild provided a fat quarter of purple/black material. I matched it with other fabric to create this table topper to fit a card table. I used the challenge material to create medallions for the center and the corners. This will be submitted to the guild's quilt show in June.

My neice just had a baby boy and asked me if I could convert this bright pink child-sized recliner so it could be used by both of children. So I form-fitted this cover. It isn't the best job, but it does tone down the color. I might make a quilt to go with the cover, or maybe just a pillow.  We'll see.
I have a few other projects in the works, but not in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment